Have you ever stood in the checkout line and noticed the magazines promoting a quick way to achieve “the perfect body”? What does that even mean? I must strive for the perfect body is a lie from the enemy that prevents you from living on mission. Just like the lie, I need to be fit first does.
In this episode, I’m talking with Registered Dietitian and Certified Personal Trainer Clara Norfleet about where we get the idea that there is a so-called “perfect body” and discuss how to identify when your pursuit of fitness has become your idol. We also chat about how changing our mindset and focusing inward can make being healthy easier. Believing the lie, I must strive for the perfect body, can leave you feeling exhausted, and like you are never going to be good enough.
Points from our conversation today:
- When Clara noticed her body was becoming her idol and what inspired her to become a dietitian
- Where women get the lie that there is a “perfect body”
- Making healthy easier by avoiding the pitfalls of the all-or-nothing mindset and comparison
- Cues that your body may have become your idol – are you using fitness and nutritional recommendations as a guideline or as a gospel?
- Addressing the deeper issues that may be underlying your fitness or nutrition obsession
Connect with Clara:
Clara is an Asheville based Registered Dietitian and Certified Personal Trainer on a mission to educate and empower women to live a sustainable and enjoyable healthy lifestyle with clarity and confidence.
Important Links for Today’s Show
Subscribe to the What’s The Truth podcast here! I don’t want you to miss a single episode where we continue to go deeper in our walk with God together as we uncover the lies we believe so that we can stand on truth.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would be so grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. I love hearing your feedback! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Review” and “Write a Review” and let know what you loved about today’s episode. Share with me what truth you are standing on today!
If you have ever felt unqualified or unworthy, grab my #1 best-selling book Know Your Worth!
Join the conversation with me over on Instagram! What truth are you standing on today?
What’s The Truth? on iTunes!
What’s The Truth? on Spotify!