10 healing scriptures to stand on when you feel like your feelings are winning the war between your ears.
10 Healing Scriptures
3 John 1:2
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.”
- I love this prayer and this truth: He wants us healthy
- Our soul is our mind, will, and emotions
- Health and healing are a part of His will for us
Prayer: Thank You Father for guiding us and leading us on Your path to healing and what it means to heal. I pray for guidance and wisdom to walk through my pain with You knowing I will not be alone.
“Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.”
- The word for “griefs” is the Hebrew word choli, which means sickness
- The word for “sorrows” is the Hebrews work makob, which means pain
- Raphe is the word for “healed” which means to heal, to mend, to cure, to make whole
- One of God’s names is Jehovah-Raphe, the God who heals
Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for taking sickness and pain on the cross for me. I receive and stand in agreement with You for my healing.
1 Peter 2:24
- “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
- When Jesus went to the cross, He became sin for us so that we would be made righteous of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Jesus took stripes and was beating for our healing as well
- In physical health and emotional health, healing and health are ours
Prayer: Your Son paid a debt I could never have paid. Thank you for never leaving me in my sin but for making me new. My old man has passed away. No longer am I a slave to it or anything that tries to prosper from it. Amen!
“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.”
- Remember the benefits that come with accepting Jesus as your savior
- The benefits include forgiveness of all sins and healing made possible
- He’s a good Father. He gives good gifts and provides healing for us
Prayer: Father, thank you for sending Your Son to die in my place. Not by my works do I receive but by grace alone. Thank You for loving me and healing me. I receive Your love, in Jesus’ name.
Need more encouragement and understanding beyond these 10 healing scriptures?
“My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.”
- His word is life and health to us
- His word brings healing
- What we meditate on and focus on will bring us life or death
Prayer: Father, help me to hear Your word and not the world’s words. Help me to focus on the words coming out of my mouth so they speak life over my mind and body. I thank You for showing me Your way. In Jesus’ name.
“And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.” But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.”
- He will meet you where your faith is
- He shows no favoritism
- Who and what we put our faith in matters
Prayer: Thank You for meeting me where my faith is. Help me to live by faith and not by what I feel or see. I am in this world but not of this world. Help me to bring heaven to earth in this body. In Jesus’ name.
“And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.”
“Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.”
- Jesus only did what He saw His Father doing. He is in the business of healing people
- People could simply touch Jesus and the power inside of Him would heal them
- The way we “touch” Jesus is through receiving by faith the power that He has freely provided to us
- He wants to see you well. He didn’t give this to you.
Prayer: Father, all of Your promises are yes and amen. I stand in the promise that You want me well. That I matter to You. I reject anything trying to come against me. It has all been put under my feet because of Your power within me. In Jesus’ name.
“He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men”
- Our heart posture matters
- God sent His Word to heal you and deliver you from all of your destruction
- As you are standing in faith for healing give thanks to the Lord
- Our thought life matters
Prayer: Father, I praise You during every challenge I face. I know you don’t cause destruction to come against me or wish evil upon me. I thank You for your protection and surrounding me with Your angels. In Jesus’ name.
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
- There will be times where you don’t “feel” like anything is happening that doesn’t mean that God is not at work in your life
- You don’t have to feel something for His word and promises for your life to be true
- He wants you well which means you don’t have to believe the lies from the enemy about “sickness”
Prayer: Father, I thank You for continuing to work and heal me even when I don’t see it or feel it. I am thankful that when I don’t feel it, You never change how you feel about me. In Jesus’ name.
Need more than 10 healing scriptures?
Are you ready to live by faith and not by what you feel? Get my free chase God, not your feelings guide.
You may also like Face Off with Your Feelings with God
Follow me on Instagram!